Social Icons

.

14 July 2014

Chere: 2 long-time front-office execs leaving Devils

Rich Chere, of the Star-Ledger, is reporting today that Peter McMullen (I believe he is the son of the late Devils owner Dr. John McMullen), executive vice-president of operations and Terry Farmer, senior vice-president of ticket operations, are both leaving the team.

Both McMullen and Farmer have been with the Devils for as long as I can even recall.

But I cannot help but wonder if their departures are forced. Operations and ticket-sales are two areas where the new owners of the team have said need change — especially ticket sales. So I am going to speculate and say these departures may not be on the best of terms.

Peter McMullen
A personal story about McMullen.

Back in 1997, when I first graduated from Salve Regina University, Newport, R.I., I sent my resume, which was pretty bare at the time, to Peter. He was VP of human resources at the time.

While he didn’t hire me (and I never really expected TO BE hired back then), he did call me and spoke with me for more than an hour on the phone.

He offered me sound advice on how to go about my job search coming right out of undergrad. And because of his advice, just two weeks later, I landed my first-ever full-time job.

I will always be grateful to Peter McMullen for what he did for me that day. Just wish he’d called me back a few years later to hire me.

I hope for the best for both McMullen and Farmer in their new careers, wherever that may be.

What are your thoughts? Comment here, on Google+ or on our Facebook Group. We hope you’ll consider sharing posts you enjoy with other Devils fans on Facebook, Twitter and Google so that we can continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything discussed here on NewJersey-Devils.com. While we do moderate comments (for SPAM), we will publish anything that is not libelous in nature so long as your name is attached to it. If you don’t have one of the accounts listed, you can manually enter your name and URL if you have a website. The only comments that won’t be posted are anonymous comments. So what are you waiting for? Comment away!