Social Icons

.

28 June 2014

Brendan Lemieux chosen 31st by Buffalo, Claude is pissed, and so the fu** am I

Brendan Lemieux
PHILADELPHIA —

With the 31st pick in the 2014 NHL Draft -- and the first of the second round of picks -- the Buffalo Sabres picked Brendan Lemieux. Brendan's father, Claude, is pissed -- and I must admit, I am too.

While the pick of John Quenneville is nice, and apparently gives the team another Adam Henrique from all I am reading, I really think the Devils made a huge mistake passing on Lemieux -- especially because most are comparing his style to his dad’s. And that is something this team direly needs -- fast.

And I cannot help but wonder if there is more to this than meets the eyes. It’s no secret Lou and Pepe have not always had the best of relationships, even if he did bring him back in 1999 for a playoff run.

But Brendan was a logical choice. He immediately would have been a fan favourite. And Lou, whose draft record hasn’t exactly been stellar these last few years, appears to have burned another bridge (again) with the Lemieux Family.

I understand there are tough decisions that must be made -- but this one -- this one hurts.  And this fan is not happy about it at all.

Here is what Claude said to Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger:

“You’ve got to respect their view and their choice. I think they made a mistake, but it’s good for Buffalo and time will tell. He was definitely disappointed. He was crushed last night. It wasn’t from what I said but from all the interviews the do at the combine. Sometimes they are misleading for a lot of kids, who think, ‘This team told me they'd take me in the first round if I’m there.’ ”

What are your thoughts? Comment here, on Google+ or on our Facebook Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything discussed here on NewJersey-Devils.com. While we do moderate comments (for SPAM), we will publish anything that is not libelous in nature so long as your name is attached to it. If you don’t have one of the accounts listed, you can manually enter your name and URL if you have a website. The only comments that won’t be posted are anonymous comments. So what are you waiting for? Comment away!